Sunday, August 24, 2008

The "Look"

The image conjured from the phrase the "Look" is most often that of a stern teacher when you're goofing off in the back of class -- or worse, of an annoyed parent when you're bickering with your sister in the back of the car on a long trip.

If you are au courant on fashion, the phrase "The Look" (actually the New Look) describes designer Christian Dior's debut collect in the Spring of 1947, which featured a below-mid-calf length, full-skirt, large bust, and small waist. Or if you have "the look," you are stylish and wearing the "latest" fashion.
But I'm not talking about any of those things. I'm talking about the glance you get from an admirer, one that curls your toes and makes you feel both desirable and the only woman in the universe -- that's the "look" I mean.
When was the last time you got that penetrating look from someone? Last night at dinner? This morning as you lay in bed together? A month ago on "date night?" A year ago on your last anniversary? Your wedding day? Can't come up with one?
Neither can I... but I came close the other night.
I'll let you ponder that. Then I'll be back later to talk about my experience...

3 comments:

Wiz ~ said...

Oh, Aubri, dare I say it...this morning??? Jerry and I are SUCH an old married couple!!!

Can't wait for your story!

Aibrean's Musings said...

Good for you, Wiz! You've always been a wise woman, I tell you... ;-)

Aibrean's Musings said...

Photo Info: Dame Elizabeth Taylor, circa 1950