Sunday, February 26, 2006

Procratinating as usual...

Well, it's Sunday morning and I have a huge list of things to do today. Once again I'm sitting here at the computer putting it off as long as possible. Maren & Lisa are coming over to watch the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics and I need to shop and clean. I have all day to do it as they're not due 'til 7pm or so, but knowing how quickly I move -- or not move -- it will be an all day affair.

So first I need to make a shopping list for SuperTarget. I'm making homemade Tomato Basil Soup, so I need to get that started. I don't think the actual cooking time will be all that long, but the prep work is always the time consuming part of cooking. I'll need to clean out the 'fridge too -- there is something NASTY smelling in there that needs to go! Not to mention I have no room to put anything in there. Why do the day-to-day tasks have to be so onerous?

Once the shopping is done and soup is started, cleaning begins in earnest. How can one woman and a dog create so much filth?? It seems like I just did a major cleaning and I'm not really home all that much?? Are there filth-faeries that come in while I'm gone just to mess things up? I need to attract some good house-elves to keep everything tidy instead!

Oh! Well, one point for me... I at least started (well, actually RE-started) a load of laundry. It's sitting in the washer now waiting for the dryer. I really should get that switched around while I'm still putzing before leaving for the store... Roseanne must've been insane when she called it Domestic Goddess. I find it hard to see any of the Divine in such chores, though I'm sure some would call that blasphemous. I suppose I should pray on that... another way to procratistinate!

No comments: